The Amex network
The American Express Company (a.k.a Amex), is an American international financial corporation with headquarters located in New York City. The company was established in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Amex is best recognized for its debit charge card, credit card, and traveler’s check businesses.
The network is recognized as 23rd most valuable brand in the world with estimated brand value of US $24.5 billion. For the fiscal year of 2017, Amex reported net-income of of US $2.634 billion, with an annual revenue of US $35.583 billion. As of recent statistics, American express had 112.8 million cards in use.
- FIGI BBG000BCR153
- Share Class FIGI BBG001S5P034
- Composite FIGI BBG000BCQZS4
- FIGI ID EQ0010006100001000
- Website: www.americanexpress.com
- Founded: 1850
- Founders: William Fargo, Henry Wells, and John Warren Butterfield
- Headquarters: New York, NY
- Valuation $78,170,000,000
- Employees 56,000+/-
- Stock Symbol BCBA:AXP